In 2012, a woman died after eating a turkey dinner and 32 other diners became seriously ill after eating the turkey dinner at the pub in Essex. The meal had been cooked the day before and given a second blast on a hotplate before it was brought to the table.
She and her husband experienced the same symptoms, but the woman got progressively worse during the day, with vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach pain.
The cook claimed within an hour of cooling the meat had reached around 25 degrees centigrade. However, the temperature was more likely to be at around 70 degrees.
After the outbreak, the landlady and the chef disposed of all the waste food, preventing health inspectors from taking samples. They also forged kitchen records. They said they had far too much of a work load and had filled out the paperwork later.
By early January 2013, the company had stopped using the cooking and cooling method in all its kitchens.
Sentencing has been adjourned until 8 January.
Read full Story at the Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2849160/Husband-tells-horrific-moment-wife-s-eyes-rolled-head-suffering-food-poisoning-killed-eating-reheated-Christmas-dinner-chain-pub.html
This is a timely warning with festivities coming up. Make sure your roast meat is properly cooled, even the left-overs. Cut small enough for the meat to chill fast and then refrigerate. And always reheat to a high temperature.